POSTGAME

IU wins 69-65. Rod Wilmont hit nine three-pointers tonight, setting an IU school record in the process.

It's a taste after 3:30 a.m. and me and Eamonn are back in Bloomington. That was a loooong day.

You can read Eamonn's wrap of the game here and my column here.

Goodnight.

HALFTIME:

IU leads 32-28.

This Norwestern zone is giving the Hoosiers fits. They're doing a lot of passing around the perimeter, and when nothings doing, jacking a 3. IU shot 16 in the first half, converting on seven of them. Rod Wilmont had a bit of a hot streak at the end of the half. He nailed a few threes, none more thrilling than his bank shot he hit as the first-half clock buzzed to nothing.

D.J. White only scored three points in the first half. But he just nailed a layup here early in the second half. So, we'll see if that continues.

See you after the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, lots and lots of traffic later, we have finally arrived in snowy Evanston, Ill., for tonight's Northwestern-IU tilt.

I'm sure some of you have seen this place on TV before, and as the title of this post suggests, Welsh-Ryan Arena is literally a glorified high school gym. There's one set of stands on either side of the court that extend all the way up. We all know what a high school gym looks like, right? Because that's all the description you're getting.

Anyways, good news for your Hoosiers tonight, there's more IU fans here than Wildcat fans. And remember, Northwestern is only 1-6 in Welsh-Ryan on the Big Ten season. Also, for you students out there, bugged by those old folks pestering you to show up to games on time, the student sections behind both baskets combined are totaling about 30 percent full at the moment.

Well, the game is about to tip.

See you jokers at half.