We heard rumblings of a postponement earlier in the day - after all, just about everything in Bloomington is shut down right now - and the IU athletics department has made it official: the IU-Purdue game in West Lafayette is rescheduled for Thursday at 7 p.m.

Here's the IDS brief:

Due to inclement weather and a concern for public safety, the IU men's basketball team's matchup against Purdue in West Lafayette will be postponed until Thursday night at 7 p.m.

Both IU interim Media Relations Director Jeff Keag and Purdue Athletics Director Morgan Burke confirmed the postponement.

"We spent a majority of the day gathering facts," Burke said in a statement. "The decision comes down to the safety of everyone involved. After talking with several state and county officials, we've decided to move the game to Thursday to allow for more time to make roadways safe for travel."

Purdue canceled its classes Tuesday afternoon because of the weather, which has forced dozens of schools and businesses to close throughout the state. West Lafayette remains under a blizzard warning for the remainder of Tuesday night and into early Wednesday.

"We will take a look at the conditions again tomorrow, but we think we can play the game on Thursday," Burke said.

Check back to idsnews.com for further updates.