Lance Stemler has had a lot on his mind lately. Well, not really. The junior forward is still trying to piece together his memory from the past week or so. Stemler sustained a concussion a week ago Sunday after being kicked in the head and actually experienced some amnesia because of it. Tuesday afternoon he explained what the whole ordeal has been like for him:

I think I'm pretty much back to normal, my jaw's still a little sore though. Mentally I'm clear and I'm sleeping good. Everything's going real good.

Getting back into gameplay:

It felt good, legs were a little wobbly there for the first couple of minutes just b/c I got a little winded right away because I hadn't really ... I had done some running, but I was really limited on what I could do.

The day of the concussion:

Honestly I don't remember any of it, I don't remember anything from the entire day. Just what they told me was I fell and on my way down I caught the back of (Xavier Keeling's) foot, or the front of his foot, and hit my jaw. And I got up and finished shooting, finished practice, but I don't recall it. The next day, the first thing I remember is a doctor coming to the apartment to see me. And that's the first memory I had. And I woke up and asked Ben (Allen) and them what had happened and they said they had already explained it to me like 20 times ... At first it was (scary), but as the day went on I started getting a little better and now my headaches are gone.

The 'concussion test':

Yeah there's a computer test that you take prior to practices just in case you get hit in the head you have to take it and then compare. I did it a couple days after and it wasn't good enough to where they'd let me play. So then I did it again Saturday morning and it was better. And that's pretty much why they cleared me.

Example of a test question:

They give you three numbers and then ask you to answer some questions and do some reaction tests ... then you come back to those numbers. Give you some shapes. Ask you some more questions and then go back to the shapes.