PRESS RELEASE: This Week's City of Bloomington News Headlines

60e3d3679e07fb12f47bc4988956ef95f43661c8b2f0d2d8a1606cd4789b7efd.png

The following is a press release written by Justin Crossley for City of Bloomington.

City Announces 2024 Women’s Achievement Award Winners
The City of Bloomington honors and celebrates its outstanding women during Women's History Month by recognizing recipients of the Women’s Achievement Awards. This year’s award categories include the Woman of the Year Award, and Toby Strout Lifetime Contribution Award.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Bloomington's Urban Enterprise Association Announces 2024 Grants And Scholarships

The Bloomington Urban Enterprise Association (BUEA) proudly announces an array of grant and scholarship programs designed to uplift businesses and residents within the Enterprise Zone, with a renewed emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. These programs are tailored to support the community encompassing the area north, west, and south of Downtown.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

Arbor Day Poster Contest Commemorates 40 Years of Tree Stewardship in Bloomington

Parks and Recreation celebrates four decades of environmental stewardship in 2024 with the city's designation as a Tree City USA for the 40th consecutive year.
To commemorate Bloomington's status as Indiana's first Tree City USA, the city's 40th anniversary of being named a Tree City USA, and in recognition of Arbor Day, Parks and Recreation is hosting a poster contest for community members to showcase the profound impact trees have had on the city over the years.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Mayor Thomson To Hold Traveling Town Halls

Mayor Kerry Thomson is committed to an open government that is accessible to all Bloomington residents. In that spirit, she will be out in the community conducting a series of traveling town hall meetings. Every other month, a listening session will be held in each of the six City Council districts, starting in District 1, represented by Councilmember Isabel Piedmont-Smith. In the intervening months, Mayor Thomson will hold a town hall on a specific topical issue.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

City Of Bloomington Announces East Third Street Bicycle Lane Improvement Project

Traffic separation barriers will be installed along certain portions of the existing buffer between the bicycle lane and the motor vehicle travel lanes on E 3rd St between Indiana Ave and Eagleson Ave. This improvement uses two types of low-cost barrier curbs with delineator posts.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE