arts performances

Over the Rhine & John Paul White to perform in the Buskirk Chumley Theater on Feb. 24

entovertherinebrief021824.jpg

Ohio based folk band, Over the Rhine and folk artist John Paul White are set to perform at 7:30 p.m., Feb. 24, in the Buskirk Chumley-Theater. The show is presented by Bloomington Roots and is planned to last two hours and 30 minutes.  

Over the Rhine’s 15th studio album, “Meet Me at the Edge of the World,” marks 30 years of the duo’ making music in the industry. The duo is made up of singer-songwriter and instrumentalist Karin Bergquist and Linford Detweiler, who have been married for 22 years now.  They consider their music vivid and emotionally charged and has been critically acclaimed by Rolling Stone. This resulted in a mass fan following over the past 30 years, on Spotify they have 38, 111 monthly listeners,  

Their newest album, “Love & Revelation,” was released in 2019 and they believe this album showcases their songcraft and soulful delivery. Some of their most played songs from the album are “Los Lunas,” “Broken Angels,” and “Let You Down.” Each are memorable because of their melodies and lyrical imagery according to the duo. 

John Paul White is also performing Feb. 24, showcasing songs from his past discography and from his more recent album, “The Hurting Kind,” which was released in 2019. For 20 years, White created a music career in Nashville, first as a songwriter and then as a duo named “The Civil Wars” with Joy Williams, who is now a solo artist. The popular duo won four Grammy awards before disbanding in 2012. They won best country duo performance two times and best folk album, and best song written for visual media.  

Tickets are available for $38 to $53 on the Buskirk-Chumley Theater website.