city business & economy bloomington

Vendor application for 2024 Bloomington farmers’ market is open until Feb. 21

cafarmersmarket013024.jpg

Area farmers and local businesses are eligible to apply for the 50th anniversary Bloomington Community Farmer’s Market. Applications are open until 5 p.m, Feb. 21. 

Eligibility for farm vendors to set up booths requires residency and active participation in their goods production in Indiana. There is a $20 application fee for farmers. The City of Bloomington evaluates business owners and vendors looking to sell prepared food and beverages at the market; the criterion is based on the use of local products, customer satisfaction and one's menu, according to the City of Bloomington website. There is no application fee for food and beverage vendors. Businesses in Bloomington are given preference.  

The Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market has a Saturday and Tuesday market.  

The Saturday market begins in April, from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., near Bloomington City Hall at 401 N. Morton St. During the months of September and October, the market will begin at 9 a.m. The time and location switches for the first four Saturdays of November. November markets will be open from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. under the Switchyard Park Pavillion, 1601 S. Rogers St. 

The Tuesday market is open from June through September 4-7 p.m. outside of Switchyard Park’s pavilion building.  

Celebrations and events in honor of the anniversary are yet to be announced.  

Applications are available online. Paper applications can be received by calling the City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation office at 812-349-3700.