Bloomington celebrates fourth annual Freezefest

A professional ice sculptor is pictured working at Bloomginton's fourth annual Freezefest Jan. 20, 2024 outside The Mill. Bloomington's only winter festival was met with low temperatures, sculptors were working in about 15°F Saturday. | IDS

A row of wooden booths lead to the back wall of the restaurant, which is decorated with artwork depicting Poseiden.
A professional ice sculptor is pictured working on a Toucan Jan. 20, 2024. The sculptor asked kids in attendance of Bloomington's fourth annual freezefest if they are fans of the Frooty Loops cereal.
A green fish swims near a fake plant in a tank that has a circular iron-lined door.
Bloomington Freezefest attendees are seen sliding down an ice slide outside The Mill Jan 20, 2024. Freezefast is Bloomington's only winter festival and features family-friendly activities for all ages.
A tray of food sits on a wooden counter. The tray contains two plates and a small bowl
An ice sculpture of IU women's basketball player Sydney Parrish is seen outside The Mill Jan 20, 2024. Sculptures will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.

Freezefest coloring pages are seen on display in The Mill's Event Hall Jan. 20, 2024. The multi-day winter festival included a coloring page contest, a chili cook-off and prize wheels.
Bloomington Freezefest attendees are pictured on Sculpture Board Walk Jan. 20, 2024. Visitors attended the festival bundled up, as temperatures averaged around 15°F Saturday afternoon.
A Freezefest sign sculpture is pictured on Sculpture Board Walk Jan 20, 2024. Sculptures will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
A toucan sculpture is pictured on Freezefest's Sculpture Board Walk Jan 20, 2024. Sculptures will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
A professional ice sculptor explains the process from how the ice freezes to how it is sculpted to Freezefest attendees Jan 20, 2024. The ice used is from Ohio and is shaped as a popsicle, weighing around 300 pounds each.
A mushroom sculpture is pictured on Freezefest's Sculpture Board Walk Jan 20, 2024. Sculptures will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
Attendees of Bloomington's fourth annual Freezefest watch as a professional ice sculptor explains the sculpting process. The multi-day event took place Jan. 18 to Jan. 20, 2024 and featured winter activities for all ages at Upland Brewing Co. and The Mill.

An ice scupltor is seen carving a kid's name into a section of ice Jan. 20, 2024. Freezefest is Bloomington's only winter festival and includes family-friendly activities for all ages.
A professional ice sculptor is seen working on an owl on Freezefest's Sculpture Board Walk Jan. 20, 2024. Freezefest sculptures will remain on display on Madison St. until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
A professional ice sculptor is seen working on Jan. 20, 2024. Freezefest sculptures will remain on display on Madison St. until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
Bloomington's Freezefest featured professionally carved ice sculptures, including interactive games. Attendees are pictured playing table tennis Jan. 20, 2024.

A tree frog sculpture is pictured on Freezefest's Sculpture Board Walk Jan 20, 2024. Sculptures will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook.
Bloomington's Freezefest featured professionally carved ice sculptures, including interactive games. Attendees are pictured playing checkers Jan. 20, 2024.
Bloomington's fourth annual Freezefest included interactive sculptures and games. Attendees are seen playing mini-golf and table tennis Jan. 20, 2024.
A Freezefest attendee is seen watching a professional ice sculpture work on a new piece Jan. 20, 2024. Sculpture's will remain on display until they melt, according to Freezefest's facebook page.
Bloomington's fourth annual Freezefest attendees are seen lining up at a food truck. Pili's Party Taco and Little Bowl Thai food trucks were at Freezefest Jan 20, 2024.