student life student govt

Voting for IUSG Congressional Election opens Sept. 25

caelection091923-jpg

Beginning at 10 a.m. Sept. 25, Indiana University Bloomington students will be able to vote in the IU Student Government Congressional election. Voting will be open until 10 p.m. Oct. 1.

According to IUSG’s Constitution, the organization’s core mission is to take action to make IU stronger and more inclusive while also working to protect student rights and ensure equity.

Every IU Bloomington student will receive an email from the IU Division of Student Affairs the morning of Sept. 25 that will include a link to their own ballot.

Students will vote to fill congressional seats for multiple residential and academic districts. IUSG has staggered elections, as members of congress hold their position for one year from when they were elected. Executive positions are also voted on annually, but only in spring.

[Related: IGNITE ticket pushes forward in journey for representation at IU]

The open residential district seats include one on-campus apartment seat, three central neighborhood seats, three Greek housing seats, three northwest neighborhood seats, two southeast neighborhood seats and 19 off-campus housing seats.

The open academic district seats include five College of Arts and Sciences seats, four Kelley School of Business seats, one O’Neill SPEA seat, one Jacobs School of Music seat, one School of Education seat, two School of Public Health seats, seven Graduate and Professional Degrees seats and four University division seats. The only school without a vacancy is the Luddy School of Informatics.

According to IUSG’s Election Guide, each voter may only vote for the district they are a part of.

IUSG will announce the preliminary results of the election Oct. 2.