OPINION: This week's hot takes

ophottakes022823-illo

Isabella Vesperini: Football infuriates me. I really don’t get the point of the sport; it’s essentially a bunch of men who attack each other and get a break every five seconds doing so. It's boring, hard to follow and inconsistent. I just don’t understand why the sport exists. There is no need for all the pomp and circumstance. 

Joey Sills: In a recent interview with GQ, filmmaker Martin Scorsese once again criticized franchise filmmaking and corporate films like those produced by Marvel Studios. Though I’ve already discussed this at length, he just keeps spitting facts. The cinema needs more original stories, more works with care and time and love put into them. Art mustn’t worship the almighty dollar! 

Natalie Fitzgibbons: Friendships at times are underrated. I think that friendships can be the most important relationships to have in life. Yes, you have your family, and maybe a significant other, but what happens when you and your family are on the outs? Or you’re going through a single era? 

Ellie Albin: “Fast Car” hate just get in the car cancel my plans just in case ya call back when I was living for the hope of it all now that’s a car song  

Danny William: There is nothing wrong with being a furry. As with every community, there are strange people within it, but the majority of furries are normal people. I truly believe the world would be a better place if we all had a funny little animal persona. 

Jared Quigg: The Long Island Iced Tea is known as something of a poser drink, something only college students and middle-aged moms drink. The middle-aged moms are right! Long Islands are delicious and EFFECTIVE. An ideal evening for me involves slipping on my wombat fursuit, putting “Fast Car” on blast and sipping a Long Island.  

Leila Faraday: I cannot stand when people sit next to me during exams and proceed to breathe so incredibly loudly or sniffle the entire time, fully disrupting the advanced synergy of my thoughts and knowledge. Please blow your nose prior to exams! 

Prakriti Khurana: Video games are not a fun group activity. I cannot stand my friends playing video games when we meet. I definitely suck at it, and I would not even put the effort to learn.  

Faith Badgley: “Swifties” are too much to handle. Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor Swift, and her music is good. However, her fan base turns out to be toxic when someone mentions how Taylor isn’t their idol. I think that “Swifties” need to chill out and accept that other music is good too.  

Gentry Keener: Socks with sandals shouldn’t be hated on. At least not socks with Birkenstocks. The dogs should not be out all the time. It’s okay to want to cover your feet from the view of the world.  

Jacob Lubarsky: I am not an avid video game player, but I can still strongly hold that there exists a three-way tie for best video game of all time: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lego Batman: The Video Game and Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Is this based solely on nostalgia? Most likely. But these games hit the nail on the head with reaching their target audience of eight-year-old boys and for that, they deserve the highest appraisal.