arts community events

Local music this week: back into the swing of things

entweeklyshowguide-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from Aug. 30 – Sept. 3: 

18+ activities 

If extreme noise is your thing, as touted by the poster, you can catch Foxbody, Urine Hell, Imelda Marcos, Lather and Kriah at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Antumbra Room. Cover will be $5-10, whatever you can pay. 

Ready for some reggae? Catch the Ben Cartha Fowler Project and Reggae Union at 7 p.m. Friday at the Orbit Room. Tickets are $10 with an additional table reservation for four available for $20. 

Switchyard’s house venue hosts a music festival with performances from The Low Landers, Gravey Bird, John Dehner and the E’s and many more starting at 4 p.m. Saturday at 1417 S. Monon Drive. Entry will be a $10 donation. 

Need something hardcore to kick off the weekend? Look no further than the Back 2 Skool Bash featuring Slug, Shroud, Desensitize, W.A.D. and What Counts at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Antumbra Room. Entry will be $5-10, whatever you can pay. 

For a more mainstream sound, check out the Game Over Collective collaborative event with house venue The Reef featuring Ed Winn, Lazer Boogie Suicide, Totally Cashed and Obidijon at 7:30 p.m. Saturday located at 313 N. Overhill Drive. Tickets will be sold at the door for $10. 

[RELATED: Queer and here: Behind the scenes with the drag queens]

21+ activities 

The Orbit Room presents a benefit for middle school band Youth Revolution with performances from Gentleman Caller, Kate Long, Nathan Dillon and Matt Lundquist at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets are $15 with an additional table reservation for four for $25. 

Local indie group Honey Iced Tea graces the stage at 10 p.m. Thursday at The Bluebird. Tickets are just $5. 

Queer rocker Austin Lucas kicks off their summer tour with local band Syzygy at 7:30 p.m. Friday at The Bishop. Tickets will be sold at the door for just $10. 

Back at it again, local indie rock bands Street Pennies and Funk Almighty hit the stage at 9 p.m. Friday at The Bluebird. Tickets are just $10. 

Searching for a jazz ensemble to keep you calm? The Orbit Room presents their monthly jazz night hosted by the JonyP Trio at 6 p.m. Saturday. The performance will feature an open jam session starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 with an additional table reservation for four available for $15. 

Magic City Hippies and Kainalu stop in Bloomington on their summer tour for their show at 9 p.m. Saturday at The Bluebird. Tickets are only $25. 

Enjoy your weekend and get back out there! House shows are just getting back to action.