arts music

Reviving dead week: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from April 25-30: 

18+ activities 

Man of the Flood stops in Bloomington on its Crystal Bawl tour, supported by local bands Violet Hour and Chair in the Air at 7 p.m. on Thursday at The Orion. Entry is $7, but attendees are encouraged to pay what they can. 

Pussy Palace presents a killer show with Violet Hour, Dose Rose, Scarlet Demore and Calicoloco at 7 p.m. on Friday at 126 Hillsdale Drive. Tickets will be sold at the door for $7. 

The Reef is back with music from Deep Dive and Atomic Misfits at 8 p.m. on Saturday at 313 N. Overhill Drive. Cover for the show is $8. 

Related: [Rewind Records to host grand opening at new retail space May 27] 

Brian! will stop in Bloomington on his Exacerbate Gravity tour with support from local band Spiral and a duo performance by David Brown and Ben Myers. The show will take place at 7 p.m. on Saturday at the I Fell Gallery. Tickets will be sold at the door for $10. 

21+ activities 

Subject to Change will take the stage at 10 p.m. on Wednesday at The Bluebird. While the drinks will be $1, tickets are $10. 

Massachusetts's own Session Americana will play an acoustic show at 7 p.m. on Wednesday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $11, with an additional table reservation for up to four people available for $20. 

Bloomington legend Durand Jones is set to play at 8 p.m. on Thursday at The Bluebird. Tickets are $25. 

Moon News will be celebrating its EP release at a show with support from Nick Witzeman and Joe Strunk at 7 p.m. on Friday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $6. 

Six Foot Blonde will be celebrating its EP release with a show at 9 p.m. on Saturday at The Bluebird. Tickets are $10. 

Related: [COLUMN: St. Paul and The Broken Bones’ new album needs hand with organization] 

Wife Patrol, Maneka and Pictoria Vark are set to play at 8 p.m. on Saturday at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $9. 

The Brook & The Bluff alongside Savannah Conley will play live at 8 p.m. on Sunday at The Bluebird. Tickets are $20. 

Future forecast: budget for big bands 

The iconic indie band Built to Spill will be stopping in Bloomington at 8 p.m. on May 1 at The Bluebird. Tickets are just $25.