business & economy bloomington

Raising Cane’s to open Bloomington location Wednesday

caraisingcanes090622.jpg

The nation’s fastest growing chicken finger restaurant, Raising Cane’s, will open a Bloomington location Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 422 E. Kirkwood Ave.

This Bloomington location will have an outside pickup window and bike racks, making it friendly and encouraging to IU’s bikers.

“We can’t wait to be a part of this fabulous college town,” Restaurant Leader Brian Higgins said in a press release.

Higgins said he’s tailored the design of this Raising Cane’s establishment to fit right into Bloomington, where he can help support the community and share his love for chicken fingers. 

Related: [Ed Schwartzman brings New York-style bagels to Bloomington with Gables Bagels

At its grand opening, there will be a “Lucky 20” drawing that will award 20 customers free Cane’s for an entire year, according to a press release. Entries will be between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. 

After entering to win free chicken fingers for a year, attendees can stick around for the ribbon cutting ceremony at 9 a.m. with members of the IU community and the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. At this time, the winners of the contest, called “caniacs,” will be announced. Winners must be present to collect their prize. 

Those who aren’t in the “Lucky 20” can still receive a Raising Cane’s T-shirt as one of the first 100 dine-in customers and can sign a bicycle helmet that will be displayed inside the restaurant. 

Related: [Bloom Burger, a ‘50s-themed food truck with international flavors, opens in Bloomington

The grand opening will have yard games, a DJ and photo opportunities with IU cheerleaders. For anyone who cannot make it to the grand opening, Cane’s will be giving out swag bags to the first 100 customers to place a mobile order, starting on Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. 

Its famous menu of hand-battered and made-to-order chicken fingers, crinkle cut fries, coleslaw, Texas toast and iconic Cane’s sauce will be the perfect thing for students before and after sporting events, according to a Cane’s press release. 

People can place orders through the mobile app, dine in or carry out. Cane’s will be open from 10 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Wednesday, and between 10 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., Thursday through Saturday.