coronavirus

IU-Bloomington reports 544 COVID-19 cases, 109.2% increase from previous week

COVID Filler NEW.png

IU reports 544 positive COVID-19 cases among students, faculty and staff from Jan. 6 to Jan. 12, according to IU’s COVID-19 Dashboard. 437 of those cases came from students, and 107 came from faculty and staff.

This is a 109.2% increase from Dec. 30, 2021, to Jan. 5 positive COVID-19 case count at 260 on IU’s dashboard. 

Bloomington campus vaccination rates are at 95% for students, faculty and staff. This number includes individuals who are fully or partially vaccinated, according to the dashboard. IU does not require documentation of the booster shot, so no data is available currently on the number of shots. IU is offering $20 in Crimson Cash to those who report their booster shot to the university, according to IU’s COVID-19 website.

IU continues to recommend everyone receive a vaccination and booster shot. Everyone ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna booster five months after the initial two-shot series, and everyone ages 12 and older is eligible for a Pfizer booster five months after their initial two-shot series. Adults 18 years and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.

Visit ourshot.in.gov to schedule a vaccine appointment or check eligibility criteria.