politics

Monroe County ballot audit reveals accurate results reported on Election Day 

cavoting111120.jpeg

A post-election equipment audit of a Monroe County voting precinct concluded that Monroe County votes were accurately recorded, according to a press release from Monroe County clerk Nicole Browne.

These results came in as President Donald Trump continues to claim fraudulent activities occurred at polls, causing him to unfairly lose the election.

The audit was done using all in-person ballots cast in Van Buren Precinct 6, whose poll location is Grandview Elementary School. In order to test accuracy of the results found on Election Day, the ballots were scanned using a central high-speed scanner to compare against the precinct scanner used on Election Day.

The high-speed scanner found the results recorded were 100% accurate, because it counted the same number of total ballots and the same number of votes for each candidate in each race as were reported on Election Day.

The process was performed in front of representatives from Monroe County Election Central, the Monroe County Election Board, the League of Women Voters of Bloomington-Monroe County and Hart InterCivic, which is Monroe County’s election equipment vendor.

“There is nothing more paramount than preserving and protecting every registered voter’s ability to vote,” the press release said. “I would like to thank everyone who participated in the audit process to reassure Monroe County voters that they can have the utmost confidence in their votes having been counted, as they were intended, on Election Day.”