Bloomington Music Expo to feature vinyl vendors, record labels, live music

<p>A variety of records and CDs can be found at Landlocked Music. The music store helps run the Bloomington Music Expo, which will be Feb. 9 at the Monroe Convention Center.&nbsp;</p>

A variety of records and CDs can be found at Landlocked Music. The music store helps run the Bloomington Music Expo, which will be Feb. 9 at the Monroe Convention Center. 

The Bloomington Music Expo will be at the Monroe Convention Center on Feb. 9. Tickets cost $5, with gate revenue benefiting MidWay Music Speaks. Students with ID get in free.

“This is a celebration of the diverse music in our region anchored by Bloomington’s only public vinyl show,” according to the Music Expo’s Facebook page. “Over 50 exhibitions including over 20 vinyl vendors, 7 record labels, several music art makers and 25 different music-related organizations.”

The main stage will feature prize giveaways and performances from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The IU Archives of African American Music and Culture will perform, as well as DJs and other artists. The IU Auditorium is bringing a mariachi band that will perform throughout the expo. Local comedian mat Alano-Martin will emcee the event.

From 1 - 1:30 p.m., the podcast “Flashback to Never” will perform a live program. Produced in the style of 1960’s retro radio, “Flashback to Never” is a radio play that asks what would happen if some of the most influential artists of the ‘50s and ‘60s never existed.

"What would our world be without Elvis Presley?” Flashback to Never sets out to explore that question and more,” according to the Flashback to Never website. “Not only does it feature original music and characters, it includes an altered history.”

Clark Gudas 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments