Buskirk-Chumley Theater to have birthday party

<p>The Buskirk-Chumley Theater will be having an open house on Jan. 25 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for artists and event organizers who want to rent the theater or use the ticketing service.&nbsp;</p>

The Buskirk-Chumley Theater will be having an open house on Jan. 25 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for artists and event organizers who want to rent the theater or use the ticketing service. 

Ninety-six years ago, on Dec. 11, 1922, the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, then the Indiana Theater, opened its doors to the public. 

Back then, it was a brand-new silent movie house, and the first film played on the big screen was “The Storm.” In honor of the community theater turning 96, there will be a birthday party at 11 a.m. Dec. 11.

The event will last until 2 p.m., and there will be cake, popcorn, a photo booth, giveaways and other activities. The Dancing Dogbone, the theater’s mascot, may also be present for photos.

In addition to the event, the Buskirk-Chumley is searching for old photos of the theater — both interior and exterior — to add to their archives. The photos can be scanned during the event or dropped off at the theater. 

The event is free for the public. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments