Jacobs School of Music students to perform at The Venue

<p>The William and Gayle Cook Music Library, which is part of the Jacobs School of Music, is located at 200 S. Jordan Ave.</p>

The William and Gayle Cook Music Library, which is part of the Jacobs School of Music, is located at 200 S. Jordan Ave.

Three Jacobs School of Music students will perform 17th and 18th century classical music at The Venue next week.

Violinist Sarah Elizabeth Cranor, lutenist Dušan Balarin and cellist Kevin Flynn will perform at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 6.

Cranor performs regularly with the Indianapolis Baroque Orchestra and the North Carolina Baroque Orchestra, and directs the Latin American Ensemble at IU and is pursuing a doctor of music at the music school in historical performance with Stanley Ritchie, according to a press release from The Venue. 

Balarin is a soloist and accompanist on various lutes and early guitars. He is pursuing advanced studies and independent research on historical lute performance and basso continuo practices under the guidance of Nigel North, according to the press release 

Baroque cellist Kevin Flynn will perform a few pieces at the event as well. Flynn is pursuing his doctor of music in cello performance as the Eva Heinitz Memorial Scholar. He has a master's of music in cello performance from IU as well as a philosophy degree from Grand Valley State University.

The three artists will play a full program for free.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments