Cardinal Stage to have 13th annual 'Rocky Horror' screenings

<p>"Rocky Horror Picture Show" was released in 1975. Cardinal Stage will have its 13th annual screenings of “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 8 p.m. and midnight Oct. 27 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.</p>

"Rocky Horror Picture Show" was released in 1975. Cardinal Stage will have its 13th annual screenings of “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 8 p.m. and midnight Oct. 27 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

Cardinal Stage will have its 13th annual night of screenings of “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 8 p.m. and midnight Oct. 27 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

Cardinal Stage, established in 2006, introduces professional actors from around the country and utilizes local talent. Thirty minutes before each screening they will hold an initiation ceremony for first-time “Rocky Horror” viewers, according to a Cardinal Stage press release.

In addition to the ceremony, there will be a pre-show costume contest with prizes, where entry will be $5. Attendees are able to bring in a bag of props for $5, but excessive outside props will be confiscated.

The show is a fundraiser to support Cardinal’s IU Credit Union Education Initiative, which “focuses on nurturing a lifelong passion for the theatre in audiences of all ages, cultures and economic backgrounds,” according to their website.

Tickets are $15 for the 8 p.m. show and $20 for the midnight show.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.