arts   |   iu cinema

See a sneak peak of ‘On Your Marc’ at the IU Cinema

The IU Cinema is an art film cinema located at 1213 E. 7th St. next to the Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center. Alex Deryn Buy Photos

Marc Summers, an Indiana native and past host of Nickelodeon's “Double Dare” and Food Network’s “Unwrapped,” will be in Bloomington at 7 p.m. Friday at the IU Cinema as a part of the International Art house series. 

The cinema is showing a sneak peek of the documentary “On Your Marc,” with a discussion to follow the film.

The documentary will be a behind-the-scenes look at how Summers developed a live theater show in April 2016 that was shown at the Bloomington Playwrights Project. The show was called “Everything in its Place: The Life and Slimes of Marc Summers,” and was directed by Chad Rabinovitz, the producing artistic director of Bloomington Playwrights Project. 

The show gave an inside look of the life of Summers, involving his lengthy television career and touching on his obsessive-compulsive disorder diagnosis and his battle with leukemia.

Tickets will be $20 for students and $25 for non-students. Rabinovitz will be moderating the post-film talk Friday night. Summers and several cast members from the film will be present for comments and questions.

More in Arts