arts community events

No ticket to Lotus World Music and Arts Festival? No problem

2010 Lotus Fest

There will be over 40 hours of free events at the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival this weekend.

Big Tent Multimedia Experience

Beginning at 6 p.m. and lasting until midnight Sept. 28 and 29, the Big Tent Multimedia Experience will be on display at Fourth and Washington streets. The experience is a 360 degree projection installation that "leverages immersive technology to create a venue for people to interact," according to Visit Bloomington. The event is a collaboration between students and faculty from IU and IU Purdue University Indianapolis.

Courthouse Projection Mapping

Starting at twilight and lasting until midnight Sept. 28 and 29 at the Monroe County Courthouse, attendees of Lotus Festival will be able to see the courthouse "come alive" with imagery and architectural movement.

Festival Arts Village

Festival Arts Village will take place between 6 and 10 p.m. Sept. 28 and 29 at Sixth and Washington Streets, attendees of Lotus Festival will be able to enjoy interactive demos, visual arts, make-n-take Brazilian rattles, public performances and more.

Lotus in the Park

Lotus in the Park will begin at noon and last until 5 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Waldron Hill and Buskirk Park. The event, suitable for all ages, will feature live music, demonstrations and arts and crafts.

Drumline

IU Marching Hundred Drumline, led by Ben Handel, will have a free, 30 minute performance beginning at 10:15 p.m. Sept. 29 outside of the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

Rio Mira Community Celebration

The Rio Mira Community Celebration will begin at 11 a.m. Sept. 29 at St. Paul's Catholic Center. A meet-and-greet with Ecuadorian/Colombian artist Rio Mira will follow the performance.

Festival Parade

The Festival Parade, featuring the big-brass sounds of the Lemon Bucket Orchestra will begin at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at Fourth and Washington Streets. 

The Art Behind the Music: Up Close With Lotus Stage Backdrops Exhibit 

Attendees of Lotus Festival will be able to explore the community collaborations and inspirations behind the Lotus backdrops at The Art Behind The Music happening until Sept. 29 at the Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center.

Yoga at Lotus

Students of all levels are welcome to yoga at Lotus on Sept. 29 and 30. See website for times and locations.

Visit lotusfest.org for additional information.