Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Double Feature Episode 1: Movie Birthday Bash

On the first episode of Double Feature, arts reporters Chris Forrester and Annie Aguiar are talking about the legacies of “2001: A Space Odyssey” and “The Dark Knight” as they celebrate big birthdays. “2001” released in 1968. “The Dark Knight” released in 2008. Both were screened in 70mm IMAX last weekend at the Indiana State Museum.

Directed by Stanley Kubrick, “2001: A Space Odyssey” spans millennia as it follows the growth of humanity from primitive apes to space-faring adventurers. Though initially polarizing, it’s become one of the legendary director’s most beloved works.

Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight,” a sequel to 2005’s “Batman Begins,” follows the titular caped crusader as he tackles organized crime in Gotham. The movie won Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar for his performance as the Joker. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.