2018 Big Ten Guide sports women's soccer

Big Ten games to watch for the IU women's soccer team

Hoosiers Celebrate First Goal of Season

Sept 29: Purdue 

Their lone Saturday game of the season, the Hoosiers will travel north to West Lafayette, Indiana, to take on Purdue in their next match. The Boilermakers lost to Michigan and drew with Michigan State while IU beat both teams. The rivalry should be the biggest headline in this contest.

Oct. 5: Wisconsin

The Hoosiers’ next home game will be against arguably their best opponent in conference play. Standing victorious in seven of their first nine matches, the Badgers' only loss was to a top-five Florida State squad. Wisconsin’s last five wins have all been one-goal games.

Oct. 11: Northwestern

The Wildcats will play IU in a Thursday night battle. Northwestern was coming off a six-game stretch where they did not allow a goal. Then, the Wildcats settled for a draw against Wisconsin and suffered a loss to Minnesota. Northwestern will need to get back on track if they want their season to live on past the regular season.

Oct. 14: Illinois

The Fighting Illini were riding a recent wave of success, winning five straight games and outscoring opponents 18-1. A 1-0 loss to Wisconsin brought the streak to an end. Given that Illinois has a similar record to IU, this match screams of Big Ten Tournament seeding implications.

Oct. 18: Penn State

Unless IU sees its home turf in the postseason, this will be the last women’s soccer home game of the year. The senior class will want to go out in a big way, but a tough Penn State offense stands in their way. The last time these teams met was in 2016, when the Hoosiers played to a draw against the then-No. 13 Nittany Lions. Expect another close match this year on Senior Night.