Friday rundown: Public ed. discussion, freshman goalkeeper, “Peter and the Starcatcher,” Zombie Frappuccino

Morning rundown

Public ed. discussion

Mother Audi McCullough shares her story about her son, who has a disability, at a panel discussion on Thursday evening at the Monroe County Public Library. Panelists came together to discuss special education in the current public school system. 
Mother Audi McCullough shares her story about her son, who has a disability, at a panel discussion on Thursday evening at the Monroe County Public Library. Panelists came together to discuss special education in the current public school system.  Mallory Smith

The Indiana Coalition for Public Education held a forum Thursday night on special education in the era of Betsy DeVos at the Monroe County Public Library.

The audience was encouraged to write down questions they might have and pass them up to be answered by the panel throughout the event. Though the panelists had varying perspectives, the event as a whole revolved around the how special education is changing in the current political climate. Read more here.

Freshman goalkeeper

Freshman goalkeeper Trey Muse saves a shot during warm-ups before IU’s match against the Butler Bulldogs Oct. 18 in Indianapolis. Muse allowed no goals during the IU Credit Union/Adidas Classic. 
Freshman goalkeeper Trey Muse saves a shot during warm-ups before IU’s match against the Butler Bulldogs Oct. 18 in Indianapolis. Muse allowed no goals during the IU Credit Union/Adidas Classic.  Josh Eastern

Trey Muse came to IU after gaining experience as a member of the Seattle Sounders Academy team, and it’s made all the difference so far for the freshman goalkeeper.  Read more here.

“Peter and the Starcatcher”

At the beginning of “Peter and the Starcatcher,” an ensemble of actors enters a bare stage and asks the audience to use their imagination. They mention what the play will involve: dreams, adventure and growing up. 

With a snap of a finger, the audience is transported to a bustling British port, which is where the story begins. “Peter and the Starcatcher” will be performed Oct. 27 to Nov. 4 at the Ruth N. Halls Theatre. Tickets start at $20. Read more here.

Zombie Frappuccino

Starbucks released their Zombie Frappuccino for Halloween 2017. Lydia Gerike, a news editor, and Hannah Boufford, a social media editor, reviewed it for you.

Starbucks released their Zombie Frappuccino just in time for Halloween. Two of our editors tried the drink (so you don’t have to). Read more here.