Three assaults reported at Winslow Court after initial stabbing report

Bloomington police are investigating three assaults in an ongoing investigation after they responded to an initial call about a stabbing at 11:07 p.m. Saturday on Winslow Court.

BPD Lt. John Kovach Officers found three people arguing in a parking lot. A 19-year-old man, who was bleeding from his right shoulder, told police his 24-year-old wife stabbed him with his own pocket knife, which he handed to her. He said the wife’s family member also hit him with a car wrench, so he responded by stabbing the person three times in self-defense.

However, his wife told police she was arguing with her husband after he hit her and threatened her with the knife to keep her from leaving. She said she called her family member to help her get out, but her husband stabbed the family member with a knife three times.

Kovach said the wife told police her husband had dropped the knife during the fight, and she picked it up and stabbed him in the right shoulder while trying to break up the fight. She then ran outside, told another relative parked outside to call the police and ran back into the apartment.

The husband and the family member were taken to IU Health Bloomington for their injuries. While there have been no charges yet, police are still investigating the incident and trying to get a search warrant, Kovach said.

Christine Fernando