Football schedules Charleston Southern for Oct. 7 game

sp-iufb

After this weekend's home game against Florida International was canceled due to the effects of Hurricane Irma on FIU, IU has quickly moved to add another game to its 2017 schedule.

IU Athletics Director Fred Glass announced via an IU Athletics release on Tuesday that IU will play Charleston Southern on Oct. 7 at Memorial Stadium.

A time for the game has not yet been released.

Charleston Southern, an FCS school, had its week-two game against South Carolina State postponed because of Hurricane Irma. The Buccaneers also shared a bye week with IU, as they were not scheduled to play a game on Oct. 7.

In the release, IU announced that all full-season-ticket holders and mini-season-ticket holders who purchased a Florida International game ticket will automatically receive the same tickets and parking passes for the Oct. 7 game. IU Athletics will send new tickets and parking passes to those people for use on Oct. 7.

Those who purchased a single-game ticket for the Florida International game can either exchange those tickets for the Charleston Southern game or request a refund. 

Requests for refunds must be made in writing and can be sent to iuticket@indiana.edu, with a deadline for requests set for Sept. 18.

Charleston Southern is 0-1 this season, having lost its only game, 49-0, against Mississippi State.

The Buccaneers will be the first FCS opponent for IU since 2015.

IU now has a full 12-game schedule for the 2017 season. 

Cameron Drummond