COLUMN: Books of all genres releasing in September

Welcome to chapter three of the book column. September is almost upon us, so I thought I would take the opportunity to tell readers about all the great books being released this month. 

I am going to cover five books that are must-reads for this month. A few are by authors I have been reading for years, so I can say from experience that these books should capture your attention.  

Publishing first this month is a young adult contemporary novel, "Genuine Fraud" by E. Lockhart. Lockhart is also the author of the New York Times best seller, "We Were Liars."

The writing in "We Were Liars" was creative, bordering on poetic. The story provided a new perspective on a classic plot twist. It surprised me at every turn of the page. I adored this book, so I have high expectations for "Genuine Fraud." 

Lockhart’s newest release is a story of Imogen and Jule. In the story, one young woman uses her intelligence to transform herself into a million different identities.

"Genuine Fraud" will be a mystery that includes thrills, romance and intrigue, and it will be released Sept. 5. Add it to your list, fast.  

Next up on my list of must-reads for September is "One Dark Throne" by Kendare Blake. "One Dark Throne" is the sequel to another of Blake’s novels, "Three Dark Crowns." 

Blake’s book is another young adult novel on my list, but this one is fantastical rather than contemporary. Fans of "The Hunger Games" will go crazy for this one. 

In "One Dark Throne," the three sisters introduced in the first book continue to fight for their place as queen on the island of Fennbirn. The book is filled with magic and powers beyond readers' wildest dreams. One of the sisters can control animals. Another can control the elements, and a third is immune to poisonings. "One Dark Throne" will be released Sept. 19.  

Moving away from the young adult category, but also releasing on Sept. 19, is "The Best Kind of People" by Zoe Whittall. Whittall’s newest novel is a mystery told from an interesting perspective. In the book, a Connecticut town’s beloved school teacher is arrested under suspicion of sexual assault.

Readers are told the story not from the point of view of the victims but from the teacher’s family. So far, advanced reviews of this novel on Amazon and Good Reads are all positive. If you are looking for a mystery to grip you this fall, pick up Whittall’s "The Best Kind of People."

Along with some of the great fiction novels coming out in September, Hillary Clinton is bringing the country a nonfiction book. 

Clinton’s newest book, "What Happened" will be a tell-all of the 2016 electoral race. Those deeply interested in politics will want to pick this one up Sept. 12. In a quote from the introduction of the book, Clinton claims she is "letting all her walls down with this one."

I’ll acknowledge that I’m not very interested in politics, but even I plan on giving this book a read when I have time.

The final book that makes my list for September’s must-read releases is "Sleeping Beauties" by Owen and Stephen King. Stephen King might be one of the most well-known, present-day horror authors.

Stephen has written more than 50 novels and many short stories on his own. However, for his latest novel, Stephen enlisted the help of his son Owen.

Together, the father-son writing duo crafted "Sleeping Beauties," a tale of what happens when one day all the women in the world don’t wake up. All the women are trapped in cocoons, except one. This thrilling dystopian novel will be released Sept. 26. 

That’s all for my list of must-reads in September, but be sure to do a quick Google search for other books that I didn’t include on this list. You will find no shortage of upcoming novels and nonfiction reads to indulge in this fall.