Culture centers provide diversity

caisrael

Office of International Studies

400 E. Seventh St.

ois.indiana.edu

The Office of International Studies offers cultural, social and educational programs to support international students on the IU campus. It also puts on programs and events for all kinds of student groups.

Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center

275 N. Jordan Ave.

nmbcc.indiana.edu

The Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center aims to raise awareness of issues African Americans face. It is named after the first male and female black students to graduate from IU, Marcellus Neal and Frances Marshall.

Helene G. Simon Hillel Center

730 E. Third St.

iuhillel.org

The Hillel Center strives to make sure Jewish students on campus have a home away from home.

According to the center’s website, it is dedicated to helping Jewish students express their culture in traditional and creative ways.

The center contains workout facilities, learning resources and kosher dining facilities. It also provides Shabbat dinner and holiday meals.

La Casa Latino Cultural Center

715 E. Seventh St.

indiana.edu/~lacasa

La Casa is a home away from home for many Latino and non-Latino students across campus.

The center promotes academic excellence, personal growth and cultural pride through support services and programming.

In addition, it works as an advocacy office and link for Latinos, and the center puts on film screenings, lecture series and cultural activities.

First Nations Educational and Cultural Center

712 E. Eighth St.

indiana.edu/~fnecc

The First Nations Educational and Cultural Center assists in connecting students and building a Native-American community within IU.

According to its website, the center attempts to create a “free zone” where all supporters of First Nations, regardless of race, can come together.

Asian Culture Center

807 E. 10th St.

indiana.edu/~acc

The Asian Culture Center aims to promote understanding of Asian and Asian-American cultures, history and issues.

Look for the ACC to be represented around campus, and watch for its programs during the year, such as the “Over a Cup of Tea” lecture series, a celebration of Asian Pacific Heritage Month and a free Asian language learning program.