opinion oped editorial

EDITORIAL: Ted Cruz could be the Antichrist

During a talk at Stanford University last week, former Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-Ohio, claimed Ted Cruz is “Lucifer in the flesh,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

Boehner continued his crushing review of Cruz by saying, “I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.” Many of you may have dismissed Boehner’s opinion, laughed it off or even been more captivated by the Satanic Temple rejecting Cruz as one of their own.

We the Editorial Board, believe Boehner deserves enough respect to at least have his words taken seriously and analyzed.

Let’s see if Cruz, one of America’s leading 2016 presidential candidates, could possibly be the Antichrist.

In the Bible, there are various characterizations, prophecies and warnings about the Antichrist. Mathew 24:24 warns of false prophets rising up to deceive everyone with 
their words.

Certainly, a man who advocates for discrimination against the LGBT, Muslim and immigrant communities is quite unlike the Christ he claims to follow, but his words sound quite convincing to untrained ears.

Cruz has often asked for God to “awaken the body of Christ” and once cited last year’s gay marriage ruling as a “spark to start a fire that becomes a raging inferno” of defending Christian values.

This all sounds Christian enough, but, when compared to the reality of Jesus’ teaching, is evidence of a false prophet.

Daniel 7:25 predicts the Antichrist will “speak 
pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute that saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and the law.”

Cruz has promised to change so many of our laws, such as threatening to repeal Obamacare and rescind every executive action President Obama has signed, including his January order on tightening gun sale loopholes.

The senator said he will also attempt to turn back time by outlawing same-sex marriage again. In 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, the Antichrist is described as a “man of sin.”

We must note, though, at the age of 18 Cruz aspired to “world domination” and to star in “teen tit films,” according to a Youtube video of a young Cruz. These life goals would make him not just a man of sin, but a man of 
deadly sins.

We believe world 
domination and teen tit films qualify Cruz as guilty of lust, envy, pride and greed.

Lastly, the Bible tells us, in Revelation 13:5, the Antichrist will be “given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.”

Should the people of the United States give Cruz the presidency, July 2020 might be a dangerous time.

Only a Ted Cruz presidency will determine if Boehner is correct. Only then will the world know if Ted Cruz is really the antithesis to the Son of God. The Editorial Board would like to acknowledge the arguments and examples presented here could aptly apply to Donald Trump as well.