ProbCause to headline the Bishop

Colin Grimm has a master’s of fine arts degree from School of the Art Institute of Chicago, but he’s not using it much these days.

Instead, the 27-year-old is traveling the country under the pseudonym ProbCause, performing and promoting his new album, “Drifters.”

“Music has kind of become my main focus,” Grimm said.

Grimm will perform as ProbCause will perform at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Bishop Bar, accompanied by fellow Chicago artist Saba.

It won’t be Grimm’s first time in Bloomington, but it will be his first time as a headliner.

He did a show during Little 500 in 2011, where he got the opportunity to experience the Bloomington nightlife of Little Five.

“The energy there is awesome,” Grimm said. “We definitely made sure that was one of the tour stops. You can’t be in the Midwest and not see Bloomington.”

The music Grimm produces is inspired by Chicago, other music and art, though he said he didn’t limit his sources to those confines.

“I draw inspiration from everything,” he said.

“Drifters” was released in August and features Angel Davanport, Saba, The 
O’Mys and Twista.

Involving other artists is simply part of the process of creating an album, he said.

“I bring in a lot of different live musicians to play on the record,” he said. “I really like live music, so I try to give my music that feel.”

Doors for the show open at 8:30 p.m. General admission tickets are $12.

Attendees must be 18 or older.

Grimm said he’s already been contacted by people in Bloomington looking forward to attending his concert.

“I’m just looking forward to meeting fans,” he said. “I’m excited to meet the people who want to meet me.”