Press Puzzles showcased in City Hall

From IDS reports

Press Puzzles, a company specializing in crafting handmade wooden jigsaw puzzles, will display work in the Atrium of City Hall, 401 N. Morton St.

The City of Bloomington Entertainment and Arts District, or BEAD, organized the exhibit, which will run Sept. 7 through Sept. 28.

The puzzles, created by local artist Marc Tschida, reflect the culture of Bloomington with images of significant events and locations around the city printed on each puzzle.

Tschida started his official puzzle-making business in 2013, according to the press release.

The puzzles are created out of birch or oak wood cut piece-by-piece with a scroll saw, according to the company’s website, www.presspuzzles.com.

A puzzle normally takes seven to 10 days to create, which involves two to eight hours of preparation, cutting, sanding and finishing.

The BEAD Atrium Exhibit is part of an effort to increase economic development of the arts in Bloomington, according to the release.

BEAD works to combine the efforts of creative and business sectors to progress commerce and culture in a way that instigates economic development, according to the release.

BEAD’s Atrium Exhibit hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and weekend hours coinciding with City Hall sessions.