Sorry, but you’re fired, Xo Twitter

Life gets rough when we can’t always watch Netflix and eat pizza 24/7.

And when life gets rough, most people resort to Twitter. The social media platform is used to comment and complain about everything under the sun. Hashtags are another way to publicize our feelings.

Yes, Twitter can be great. It can start revolutions. It can advertise products. It can be hilarious. But it also can get annoying.

Hearing someone complain in public is absolutely nauseating, and I guess people turn to Twitter to express their frustrations in life.

Twitter user “Cellla,” a teenager from Texas, tweeted last Friday, “Ew I start this f*** a** job tomorrow,” with seven thumbs down emojis.

Aside from the excessive emojis, I’m wondering what was going on in her head. First, it’s a new job. She doesn’t even know if it’s ?going to be “f*** a**.”

Second, nobody should ever post something like this on the Internet. It’s not worth reading, and it’s laughable she thought it was appropriate, especially since her ?Twitter profile is public.

Third, her job was at a pizza restaurant. Clearly, she hates free food.

Now that we understand Cellla to be an idiot, cue in the badass boss (literally) Robert Waple, the owner of Jet’s Pizza. He tweeted back at her, “@Cellla_ And ... no you don’t start that FA job today! I just fired you! Good luck with your no money, no job life!”

Talk about shots being fired. It’s crazy to realize how oblivious my generation is when it comes to social media. Once you post something, those messages or pictures or whatever it is that’s so trendy, will never go away.

I’m happy justice was served and that this ungrateful girl is unemployed and probably won’t have a job ever again.

But it also saddens me that I’m writing this column in the first place.

I took a look at Cellla’s twitter account today, nearly a week after the incident, and she’s been re-tweeting all of her newly acclaimed Internet “fans.” She’s trending on Twitter, Facebook and ?various other news websites.

Twitter user @bubblechacha tweeted at her “@Cellla_ lol u’re famous in Indonesia now.” There are thousands of tweets on her page from Twitter users saying she’s famous worldwide and that there should be a movie about Cellla, because she’s a real ‘cella’ now.

Cellla is clearly elated because she posted, “that moment when someone snitched on you trying to get you in trouble but instead accidentally gets you famous.”

I’m confused. Why do we condone this behavior? Is it funny that she was dumb enough to get fired before her first day? I’m sorry, but she was asking for it.

Because of all of her Twitter supporters, this girl is proud of what she did. She is setting a horrible example for young people across the world. This isn’t, by any stretch of the imagination, fame.

We need to take a step back and realize why we’re here at IU. It’s not for the parties. It’s not for the late night Jimmy Johns. It’s for your career, whatever it will be in the future.