The Sorcery of Jolie

There's something wicked about this icon

Jolie Paperdolls

With four years since Angelina Jolie’s last performance, our thirst can finally be quenched with this Hollywood matriarch’s latest brew. “Maleficent” opened May 30, and Jolie’s title character performance has been bewitching audiences since. Jolie is one of the most powerful figures in Hollywood, an Academy Award-winning actress and a well-known humanitarian.

Her celebrity status and ability to shape shift across myriad roles earns her a transfixing retrospection.

“Maleficent”
Jolie reincarnated Disney’s fiercest villainess, Maleficent. Jolie commissioned the horns through a business that specializes in BDSM products, which is fitting because her talent dominates the audience’s awe in this film.

“Tomb Raider”
While filming “Tomb Raider” in Cambodia, Jolie was exposed to poverty that forever opened her eyes and heart to helping those in need. A philanthropist was born — she now donates a third of her income.

The Leg Slit
Jolie caught many eyes at the 2012 Oscar Awards with her iconic leg slit dress. The look became meme-famous on the Internet and is now a fashion trend among elites at red carpet appearances.

Breast Cancer Prevention
In order to combat a rampant family history of breast cancer, Jolie opted for a double mastectomy in 2013. Her prioritization of health rather than image is a beacon of body positivity to women and men.

Brangelina
The set of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” is the epicenter of the power couple that shook the world — or at least the tabloids. It was during this film that Brad Pitt and Jolie first met and acted with one another, promptly falling for each other in the process. The couple has six children but remains unmarried for personal and political reasons.

“Girl, Interrupted”
She already has a few Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild awards under her exceedingly chic belt. But in 2000. Jolie was awarded her first Oscar for her supporting
role to Winona Ryder as institutionalized Lisa Rowe in “Girl, Interrupted.” She opened her breathless acceptance speech before her friends and peers by saying, “I’m surprised no one has ever fainted up here.”

"Changeling"
Demonstrating fearlessness in asserting her versatility, Jolie took on the role of Christine Collins in an adaptation of the Wineville Chicken Coop case. The story follows a mother of a missing son who confronts the authorities after they return the wrong child. Her character finds herself in a women’s sanatorium and sheds light on the mistreatment of women and the insane in the 1920s.