crime & courts

Police find more than 10,000 pills in two locations

Bloomington police found a total of about 15,000 Xanax pills at two apartments Wednesday.

The United States Postal Service Office of Investigations reported that parcels containing pharmaceutical drugs were being sent to 1412 N. Kinser Pike and 302 N. Clark St.

At the Kinser Pike address, 10,000 pills were found, and 5,000 more were found on Clark Street.

Using controlled delivery methods and surveillance, police were able to obtain search warrants for both addresses.

Police served the warrant at the Kinser Pike address after they saw 20-year-old David Feigel accept one of the parcels they had been watching.

Carlos Allen, 28, accepted a similar parcel at the Clark Street address.

Paul Furto, 32, was also arrested at 302 N Clark Street. Andrew Dickey, 20, was arrested at 1412 N Kinser Pike, as well.

The arrests were made in connection with an ongoing drug investigation by Bloomington and Indiana State Police and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Furto, Dickey and Feigel admitted to police that they knew the packages contained Xanax pills.

Police suspected that the parcels to both apartments had been sent from the same address in California.

Police also found that Allen and Furto had been growing a small number of marijuana plants in a closet.

Police could not comment on whether any of the four suspects had been distributing the pills.

Jacob Klopfenstein