politics

Hamilton, Potter join advisory board

Lee Hamilton and Trevor Potter joined the Adlai Stevenson Center on Democracy’s Advisory Board, the center announced Wednesday.

The center, which is based in Mettawa, Ill., seeks to enhance the global understanding and practice of democracy, according to its website.

Hamilton is a former United States Representative for Indiana’s 9th District and current director of the Center on Congress at IU. 

“I am pleased and honored to join the advisory board of the Adlai Stevenson Center on Democracy,” Hamilton said in a press release from the Adlai Stevenson Center on Democracy. “The center does superb work in educating all of us about the strengths of and challenges facing our representative democracy.”

Trevor Potter is a former commissioner and chairman of the Federal Election Commission and served as General Counsel to John McCain’s 2000 and 2008 presidential campaigns, according to the release.

“I am very pleased to be involved with the Stevenson Center, which does a superb job of discussing issues of national and international importance in a thoughtful and informative way,” Potter said. “The Stevenson Center is one of those groups that does exactly what it claims — it informs citizens and gives them the tools to become better citizens.”

— Matt Stefanski