Pence enacts six new executive orders

ciInnaug Carousel

FROM IDS REPORTS

Gov. Pence enacted 15 executive orders Monday, six of which were new.

The first order will ensure sound ethical practices in government agencies. An ethics officer has been named to each state agency. The order also requires the Inspector General’s office to hold a legal and ethics conference every year.

Taxpayer transparency will be increased with Pence’s second order. The Program Assessment Comprehensive Evaluation will ensure that taxpayer dollars are spent efficiently.

In his third executive order, Pence aims to promote job creation and economic development. A moratorium on the creation of new regulations until the old ones are assessed by the Office of Management and Budget will boost employment opportunities and economic development and freedom.

The fourth order asks certain agencies to recognize economic advantages that married families offer children through the creation of family impact statements: the Family and Social Services Administration, the Department of Workforce Development, the Department of Child Services, the State Department of Health, the Department of Correction and the Criminal Justice Institute.

Pence will protect veteran businesses by procuring three percent of state contracts with them. Pence wants to promote job creation and economic stability of veteran businesses.

Finally, the last order separates Office of Energy and Defense Development (OEDD) into the Office of Energy Development (OED) and the Office of Defense Development (ODD).

- Bridget Ameche