Cazzette band plays at the Dunnkirk

Swedish Electronic Dance Music duo Cazzette raved at the Dunnkirk for the first time Wednesday. 

Bloomington was one of many university stops on Cazzette’s tour this year.

“We have been touring on and off for one and a half years,” DJ Alexander Björklund said.

Partners Björklund and Sebastian Furrer just released the third and final part of their extended play “Eject” on Spotify Tuesday. 

They both said they were uncomfortable with just one type of song, so they describe the EP as a challenge they used to get out of their comfort zone — a challenge that they conquered because they say they are happy with the outcome of the release. 

“It feels really good to have the third part out, so that people can listen to it as a whole,” Björklund said.

The two are honored to work with the music streaming site, Furrer said. They used Spotify to release part one of their EP on Nov. 13 2012, and they used it again on Dec. 11 2012, to release part two.

“We think streaming is the future,” Furrer said.

Cazzette blasted the Dunnkirk Wednesday night with their fusion of house and dubstep, the blend labeled as “dubhouse” on their Spotify biography page. 

“This is something new.Something we haven’t heard before,” Björklund said. 

While Cazzette has played in all venues. Björklund said he prefers smaller venues like Dunnkirk because of the intimate nature that naturally accompanies them. 

“It’s easier to read the crowd,” he said.

Compared to his experiences playing in an enormous setting, he said performing for a smaller crowd is similar to having the crowd right in the sound booth with him.

The band members of Cazzette said they were excited to play for the college crowd that filled the Dunnkirk.