Punk pop, metalcore rock Rachael's Cafe

Rachael’s Café made way for moshing Friday night as punk pop and melodic metalcore bands Sequoia, Another Untold Story, My Sweet Fall and headliner group Fractures performed a three-hour show.

The quaint café rearranged its setup and pushed tables and chairs aside, allowing more room for musicians and audience members alike to dance and let loose.

Although the crowd was small, it didn’t seem to faze the performers.

My Sweet Fall singer Nick Long acknowledged the size by saying, “there’s greatness in small numbers.”

Attendees spent the night either actively listening to the acts or dancing and pushing each other on stage.

Throughout the show, the bands sold T-shirts for $10 on the side and accepted donations for CDs.

Opener Tori Roper, accompanied by a guitarist and representing Sequoia, kept it simple, playing an entirely acoustic set.

With her electric, blue dip-dyed hair and strong voice during songs like “We are Alive” and “Solid Ground,” Roper’s sound and style were reminiscent of Hayley Williams of Paramore or Cassadee Pope of Hey Monday.

She ended her set with a more intimate, ukulele-driven song called “Thanks to You” that she wrote specifically for the performance.

Following Roper was Another Untold Story, a metalcore band from Cincinnati.

The five-piece metal band was a jarring change of tempo from Roper and they encouraged the crowd to get up close and personal to them while they were performing.

Songs like “Monday” got the crowd pumped up and featured some high-energy dance moves from lead singer Zack Prost.

Prost described one of their songs as being about how “you only get one shot, so make it count.”

My Sweet Fall was there promoting their EP, “Nights You Won’t Remember with Friends You Won’t Forget.”

The Indianapolis pop punk band rocked out through a six-song set, mostly including tracks from the EP, such as “So It Goes” and “Die Happy.”

At 10 p.m., Fractures took the stage for their set.

The melodic, hardcore band spent their time between songs encouraging people to check out their Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr profiles and download their free tracks off online music store Bandcamp.

The band performed songs “Reflections” and “What We Don’t Believe” and jokingly informed fans that they would have a new EP coming out, “sometime in the next century.”

They unleashed their humanitarian side on a track called “The Balance,” which lead singer Joel Enneking described as being about saving the Earth. 

Cincinnati artist Boy, who was originally scheduled to perform but canceled his appearance, surprised the audience as he performed his set after all.

With nothing but his electric guitar supporting his voice, Boy ripped through songs like “Trap Door” and “Enabler.” He described the songs as being about a difficult time in his life involving drugs and alcohol.

He indulged the crowd in a requested improv, which audience members said sounded like Pearl Jam.

The night ended at 11:15 p.m., and Roper, who stayed to watch the other bands perform, said she loved the show and can’t wait to catch more concerts at Rachael’s Café.

“As a performer I really enjoyed Rachael’s Café,” she said. “It is obviously not a large scale venue, but I loved the atmosphere. It is very intimate, and the cafe itself is adorable. I definitely plan on going back.”