Getting hungry? Here are the top spots to eat in Bloomington

Farm

Bloomington has so many eateries it can be overwhelming. Don’t worry, though. These places are guaranteed to fill you up for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and they’ve got a special feel you can’t get anywhere but Bloomington. Dig in.

Mother Bear’s
1428 E. Third St.
812-332-4495
This Bloomington institution boasts the best pizza in town and is usually crowded. But even if you have a long wait, you’ll be rewarded.
Try one of the specialty pizzas, or make your own. For a healthy side, order a house salad. It’s famous for its goldfish, instead of croutons, and just as good as any pizza.

FarmBloomington

108 E. Kirkwood Ave.
812-323-0002
For something a little more upscale, try FarmBloomington. Located on the square, it’s one of the most premier dining options in town. Its eclectic atmosphere and healthy dishes make you wish you visited more often.

Feast
581 E. Hillside Dr.
812-822-0222
This bakery is best for brunch where you have brioche bread on an egg sandwich or with fresh berries. It’s a drive from campus, but it still gets busy during normal peak hours.
If you’re coming for lunch or dinner, check out the burgers. The sweet potato fries alone will make the drive worth it.

Runcible Spoon
412 E. Sixth St.
812-334-3997
For weekend brunch, the Runcible Spoon is the best. Try home fries to cure a late night out or any of their omelets.
The funky atmosphere fits with Bloomington’s college town vibe, and the coffee is better than any Starbucks.

Chow Bar

216 S. Indiana Ave.
812-336-3888
Like any college town, Bloomington is full of Chinese restaurants. But for the best Chinese food, head to Chow Bar.
The entrees are enough to feed two, but trust us, you won’t want to split your meals. And those leftovers will be just as good the next day.
Make sure to get some bubble tea with your meal, or to go.

Le Petit Café
308 W. Sixth St.
812-334-9747
Bloomington has an array of ethnic restaurants, including Thai, Tibetan and Turkish. But for a romantic meal, come to Le Petit Café.
It’s a charming French restaurant whose owners are a French couple who have been in town for years. The menu changes frequently, but don’t despair. Everything you order will be oh-so-good.