IU provost expresses concern for missing IU student

IU Provost Karen Hanson has expressed her concern for the missing IU student, Lauren Spierer.

“Members of the University and the Bloomington community are doing all they can to find Lauren and to assist fellow students who have been affected by her disappearance,” Hanson said in a statement.

According to Hanson, the IU Police Department is assisting the Bloomington Police Department’s investigation in any way they can.

Hanson also directed the IU community to  the University’s public safety website http://protect.iu.edu, which now has a page devoted to Spierer. A banner advertising the page also appeared at the top of the online student resource OneStart today.

She encouraged members of the IU and Bloomington communities to help in the search effort for Lauren. Previous searches have seen hundreds of people turn out to look for Spierer, including IU basketball and volleyball coaches. Member of IUSA, the IU student government, are reportedly volunteering to search today.

Three searches are scheduled for Tuesday, June 7 at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. All searches will start at Smallwood Plaza, 455 N. College Avenue.

According to a statement released today by Lauren’s father, Robert Spierer, there will be three searches organized every day.

The times for the searches will be posted at idsnews.com, or you can check IU Hillel’s website for updates at www.iuhillel.org. More information on how to help can be found by following the Twitter handle @NewsOnLaurenS or by checking the Facebook account “Lauren Spierer Missing.”

— Jake New