20 will compete to win Cadillac Deville

Students and members of the community will compete to win a 1991 Cadillac Deville on Saturday by literally kissing the car.

Kiss Off is Delta Upsilon fraternity’s philanthropy event for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Bloomington, and all the proceeds will go directly to the organization.

The Boys and Girls Clubs have donated the Cadillac that will be raffled off at the event.

Sixteen people who purchased raffle tickets will be chosen today by 5 p.m. for the opportunity to participate in the Kiss Off. They will then choose four more participants at the beginning of the event Saturday.

Competitors in Kiss Off will remain standing while only their lips touch the car, said senior Justin Faber, Kiss Off chair for Delta Upsilon and member of the IU student media marketing team. The last five competitors will then have to stand on one leg to speed along the process.

The final contestant to have his or her lips touching the car will win the Cadillac.
In addition to Kiss Off, there will be a slip-and-slide, burgers and hotdogs and pizza from Btown Menus, and radio station B97 will be broadcasting live from the event.

Those who were not chosen for Kiss Off will be entered in a secondary raffle for prizes from local businesses, including two event passes for Little 500, courtesy of IU Student Foundation, a token for free wings at BuffaLouies and a gift card package to the Pourhouse Café.

“Our hope is to raise money for the Boys and Girls Clubs so that they can better the resources available to the kids in Bloomington,” Faber said.

The Kiss Off event starts at 11 a.m. on the Delta Upsilon lawn. Five raffle tickets can be purchased from any member of Delta Upsilon for $5.