IU cross country wins big

Sophomore Andrew Poore (center) leads a pack of Hoosiers and Butler's Rob Mullett at Indiana Intercollegiates on Friday evening in Terre Haute. Poore finished second behind Mullett, and the Hoosiers took the next four places to finish first as a team.

The IU men's and women's cross country teams won at the Indiana Intercollegiate on Friday.

The men's team, led by sophomore Andrew Poore, beat the second-place team by 35 points, and the women, led by senior track and field star Wendi Robinson, finished five points ahead of rival Purdue in their contest.

Poore was the first across the finish line for the Hoosiers, and was followed by four others in quick succession. IU took the second through sixth at the meet, and all five of those athletes were within 15 seconds of the first place runner, Rob Mullet of Butler.

Robinson came in four seconds behind the women's leader, with junior Sarah Pease and Chelsea Blanchard rounding out the Hoosiers' top 10 competitors.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.