Hoosiers finish 4th in weather- shortened adidas Hoosier Invite

Bad weather took its toll on the golf course Sunday as the third round of the adidas Hoosier Invitational was canceled because of the bad conditions. Because the third round was canceled, scoring for the tournament was based on the first two rounds played Saturday.\nThe No. 18 Hoosiers placed fourth with a score of 590 (306-284) in the hometown invitational, and senior Santiago Quirarte finished second overall in the individuals with an even-par 142 (73-69) for IU. This was the best finish of the senior’s career, marking his fourth top-five finish and fifth top-10 finish.\nJunior Drew Allenspach finished second for the Hoosiers as he tied for sixth in the individuals with a 3-over-par 145 (75-70). Allenspach earned the best finish of his season \nas well.\nFollowing Allenspach was junior Jorge Campillo, who shot a 147 (76-71) and tied for 12th place in the tournament. After Campillo was freshman Ren Han, who finished tied for 18th, scoring a 148 (78-70).\nThe Hoosiers sat in fourth place overall after the first day and entered the third round looking to pick up some ground in the tournament.\nThe third round lasted a little more than an hour before the round was canceled and the scores were totaled from just the first two rounds. Eastern Kentucky won the invitational with a score of 582 (304-278). The Hoosiers’ rival Purdue finished right in front of IU with a score of 586 (297-289). \nThe next event for the Hoosiers will be on April 7 and April 8, when IU will compete in the Missouri Tiger Intercollegiate in Columbia, Mo.