Online services unavailable as IU updates system

Onestart, financial aid and bursar services will not be available to students, staff and faculty for the next six days while IU updates PeopleSoft, the University’s chief online software system.\nServices such as eDrop, eAdd, online grades, transcripts, loan processing, financial aid information, degree updates and registration changes will be unavailable from Friday until Wednesday, Feb. 20.\nAssistant Registrar Bart Quinet described it as a “University-wide undertaking” and said updates like this are necessary to use the latest versions of online software systems.\nThe downtime will affect the Office of the Registrar, Office of Student Financial Aid and the Office of the Bursar, although limited services will still be available online and in person.\nAfter the update, students will be able to enjoy a more user-friendly interface that is loosely mirrors sites such as Facebook, Quinet said.\nThe new system will offer two main features for students through Oncourse: the My Planner tool and the Enrollment Shopping Cart.\nQuinet said that the My Planner tool will allow students to view courses and their availability each semester. He said the service will be consistent throughout students’ careers and will enable them to lay out coursework for all of their future semesters at IU.\nThe Enrollment Shopping Cart will let students to pre-plan their schedule prior to their registration appointment. Students will have the option to carry their plan directly over to the registration process, Quinet said.\nHe said the systems should be up and running again by Thursday, Feb. 21.\nFor a complete list of unavailable options and limited services, students can go to http://studentnotify.indiana.edu/sis/.