Good laugh, not great movie

In the new family comedy "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins," Martin Lawrence delivers a traditional comedic performance, but the movie is far from original in its efforts to entertain. With a predictable story line, the talent of the cast is the only thing that saves the film from being a complete dud.\nWhen a successful yet resentful talk-show host (Lawrence) from the South moves to the big city and gains fame, fortune and success, it takes the love and support from his family to keep him grounded. Roscoe Jenkins returns home for a family reunion with his newfound love interest and old grudges from past family issues.\nAt home, he returns to much of the same -- still teased by his loud-mouthed big sister Betty (Mo'Nique), beat up by his brawny older brother Otis (Michael Clarke Duncan) and tormented by his arch-rival cousin Clyde (Cedric the Entertainer). This story line was a bit predictable, and it followed with a happy ending. \nNevertheless, the star-studded cast does its part in making sure "Welcome Home" is a funny movie and at the same time keeps each star from overshadowing the others' talents and abilities. The film does try to shed light on real family issues such as father-son relationships (James Earl Jones plays Jenkins' dad), past grievances that haven't been reconciled amongst family members and finding one's true love.\nOverall, "Welcome Home" does its part in entertaining and making the audience laugh. For example, Roscoe's mouth often gets him in verbal and physical altercations with his family members where he is usually the loser of the bout, whether he's wrestling on the floor or getting knocked out. Because the story line revolves around a petty rivalry between Roscoe and Clyde with ample slapstick, it's hard to take the film seriously, but the happy ending feels ultimately satisfying. "Welcome Home" has a cast of modern-day comedic geniuses and a concept that everyone can relate to -- family. Whether one's family issues are similar or different to those in this movie, the fact that it's funny is enough to keep the audience engaged and satisfied with this movie.