You say goodbye, and I say hello

Fall 2007 WEEKEND Editor bids farewell

The IDS has more turnover than Menudo. When the guard changes each semester, the outgoing editors pack up their red pens and press passes, heralding the incoming staff of young'uns by tossing back a shot of bitterness with a you-don't-know-what-you're-getting-into chaser. \nAnd so it is with this last Last Word that I bid you farewell, fair readers. \nAll joking aside, it's been a great ride -- from toasting 80 years of Nick's to unraveling the tale of a house that screams college -- with sex parties, ghost hunts, jail time, ass-kicking roller girls and the Best of Bloomington filling our features from the semester's first issue to its 14th.\nWe've sacrificed ourselves by listening to some of the year's biggest disappointments from the music industry (Northern State, 50 Cent, Britney Spears) and watching some of 2007's worst movies ("Saw IV," "Rush Hour 3" "Mr. Woodcock"). \nHowever, we've also had the privilege to bring you the best of song (Jay-Z, Iron and Wine, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss) and screen ("Lars and the Real Girl," "Superbad," "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford").\nLike many of us, WEEKEND will start 2008 off fresh. Expect familiar favorites and some new features as well, perhaps even the long-awaited premiere of the new idsnews.com/weekend Web site. \n Though my job here is done, I hope you'll keep coming back for more. That's what she said.