Last-word lounge

What everyone is talking about this WEEKEND

Ronni Moore

"I Ran"

Andy Samberg is back with a vengeance. The SNL musical genius behind "Dick in a Box" and "Lazy Sunday" has teamed up with Maroon 5's Adam Levine to sing a love ballad to Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The video aired Sept. 29 and had been viewed more than 6,000 times on YouTube within less than 24 hours of its premiere.

Britney Spears:

Here in the Last-word Lounge, we can't get enough of this classless country bumpkin, whether she's \ngetting wacky in a Quizno's bathroom with paparazzi or losing custody of her kids. That's why we would love to check out the "Just Britney" Hollywood art exhibit with more than 50 Britney-inspired pieces. There's even one made entirely of chewed bubble gum named "Gum Blond XLVIII." That's so disgusting that we're sure Britney is proud.

"The Office":

In the hour-long season-four opener, Michael hits Meredith with his car, Pam and Jim come clean about dating each other and Dwight murders Angela's cat by putting her in the freezer. With three more hour-long episodes of "The Office" to come and the season two premiere of "30 Rock" featuring Jerry Seinfeld tonight, it's official: NBC's Must-see TV is back.

Wes Anderson's "Hotel Chavelier":

The first part of the new Wes Anderson film "The Darjeeling Limited" is available for free download on iTunes. This prequel of sorts is called "Hotel Chavelier" and is about 15 minutes long. It features Natalie Portman and Jason Schwartzman in a Paris hotel room, but not much else. If it's any indication of the rest of the film, prepare to be disappointed.

U.S. Navy swastika-shaped building:

The U.S. Navy recently announced plans to remodel one of its buildings in San Diego after Google Earth users discovered that the building looks like a swastika when viewed from the sky. One would think the $600,000 changes could have been avoided had someone looked at a blueprint when the place was built more than 40 years ago.