Blades of Glory (PG-13) Grade: B- Extras: A-

'Blades' kicks ice

"Blades of Glory" fits nicely in the pantheon of figure-skating films -- "Ice Castles," "The Cutting Edge" and the Disney cheeseball "Ice Princess." Whether this is a testament to its quality or an indication of its inconsequentiality is in the eye of the beholder. Those who are fans of Will Ferrell's and Jon Heder's brand of over-the-top, lovable schlub humor will not be disappointed. However, there aren't many surprises here, either. \nHeder and Ferrell play Jimmy MacElroy and Chazz Michael Michaels. The two are rival figure skaters who team up as the sport's first men's pair after an on-ice fight gets them banned from singles competition for life. But this isn't merely "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" on ice. The directors don't dwell on questioning or mocking the men's sexuality, choosing instead to focus on the inherent humor in figure skating -- the spandex, bedazzled leotards; interpretive dance steps; and moves like the flying camel. There are even elements of deception, romance, action, abandonment and incest thrown in for good measure. \nSome of the biggest laughs in the movie come from real-life husband and wife Will Arnett and Amy Poehler, who play a brother-sister pair. Their hip-hop homage to Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's "Good Vibrations" leaves the audience begging for more. Luckily, the DVD extras deliver just that. \nIn addition to a hilarious sit-down with Arnett and Poehler, there are interviews with several members of cast and crew, featurettes about how the film was made and how the skating stunts were executed, deleted scenes, a gag reel and more. One of the best extras is the bonus time with an obsessed fan of Jimmy MacElroy, Hector, played by Nick Swardson ("Reno 911!: Miami"). Although his on-screen time is too short, it's clear we can expect great (and hilarious) things from Swardson in the future.\nNoticeably absent in the extras is a director commentary, but it's absence isn't bothersome. It's not like this movie is an epic classic requiring the insight of its directors to understand the subtle intricacies of a fart joke. Those who hated "Napoleon Dynamite" or "Anchorman" will probably not like "Blades of Glory," because it's pretty much the same old schtick. However, those looking for a lighthearted laugh will do right by picking up this film.