Bloomington Police Department reports

Biking sex offender nabbed by police

Biking sex offender nabbed by police

The Bloomington Police Department arrested an unregistered sex offender Wednesday night.\nBPD Det. Jarred Burns spotted James Goins, 43, at approximately 7:55 p.m. riding a bike near Walnut and Allen streets, BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report. Goins was previously arrested for engaging in sexual misconduct with a minor, Canada said. During a search, officers found marijuana on him.\nGoins was transported to the Monroe County Jail.

Second bank \nrobber arrested\nWednesday night, the Bloomington Police Department arrested the man accused of the June robbery of Monroe Bank.\nSuspect Malik Malik gave himself up to authorities after officers received a tip that Malik was hiding at a house in the 1300 block of Hickory Grove Lane, Canada said, reading from a police report.\nWhen officers arrived at the residence, they heard two voices coming from inside, one male and one female. After the officers knocked, Barbara J. Dorman, 25, answered and claimed there was no one else inside her house, Canada said. After officers said they heard a male voice from inside the house, Dorman told them they must have heard the TV, then shut the door.\nOfficers noticed Dorman attempting to flee the scene after they obtained a search warrant to enter the house, Canada said. Dorman called her mother, who came to the house and helped convince Malik to surrender to authorities. \nWhen officers searched Dorman, they found marijuana on her, Canada said. She faces preliminary charges of assisting a criminal, false informing and possession of marijuana.\nMalik was arrested on charges relating to the June 7 bank robbery. The other suspect in the robbery, Matthew L. Martin, is already in custody.