Police seek home invader after violent attack

The Bloomington Police Department said a disabled Bloomington man was attacked in his home early Tuesday morning by a yet-to-be-identified intruder.\nBloomington Police responded to a call on Bloomington's south side where they found a 61-year-old man had suffered multiple head wounds after intitially refusing to surrender valuables to his attacker.\nThe victim said he was laying in bed when the man who attacked him, described as a white male with tattoos on both arms, came into his home on the 100 block of East Hillside Drive and demanded money, Bloomington Police Department Detective Sgt. David Drake said, reading from a police report.\nWhen the victim refused to surrender any money, his attacker began hitting him over the head with the yellow handle of what the victim believed to be an ax, Drake said.\nThe victim was clubbed on the head with an ax handle before he surrendered rent money he'd been keeping in his pocket, according to police reports.\nWhen officers arrived at the residence, the victim was reported to have had six to seven lacerations and several large hematomas on his head, Drake said. \nThe attacker was described as a white male in his mid-30s, about six feet tall with long, stringy black hair and numerous tattoos on both arms.\nAnyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Bloomington Police Department at (812) 339-4477.