Harry Potter: Spoiler Alert!

I flipped through the previous Harry Potter book and searched for the summoning charm spell. I found it, then screamed incredibly loud. I pointed my wand toward the public library in my hometown and said “Accio Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!” The book flew to me, and as I caught it I “disapparated” back into my bedroom. Actually, all of that was a lie. I didn’t have to wait in line for “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” I somehow cheated the system and the book was given to me seven hours before it was officially released.\nI opened the book with ease and immersed myself the world of magic that has consumed my life for the last 10 years. The 759-page book had me shaking, sweating and swearing as J.K. Rowling took me through Harry’s last adventure in print. Did I want Harry to die? Were Ron and Hermione finally going to snog? What did I expect from a story I’ve been waiting for since I finished the sixth book “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?”\nThe book begins with Harry leaving the Dursleys’ home because the protection around the house will expire once he turns 17. Harry sneaks away from the house with help from members of the Order of the Phoenix. Harry and the Order set up a decoy where they plan to fly to The Burrow with six other characters impersonating Harry by drinking polyjuice potion. Although the plan falls through and the real Harry is identified, they make it to The Burrow safely. \nHarry, Ron and Hermione all receive objects from Dumbledore’s will (the Quidditch Snitch, a deluminator, and a book of children’s stories written in Ancient Runes) and they set off to find the Horcruxes they need to destroy in order to kill \nLord Voldemort. \nFor months, the trio is on the run looking for the Horcruxes, when they realize the only way to destroy one is to use the Gryffindor sword, which is covered in \nbasilisk venom.\nThe trio ends up at Luna Lovegood’s house and speaks with her father Xenophilius about the three legendary objects that can beat death: the Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone and the Invisibility Cloak. Harry, knowing that he has one of the Deathly Hallows, sets out to find the other two. Lord Voldemort retrieves the Elder Wand in hopes of killing Harry with it.\nAfter narrowly escaping Lord Voldemort numerous times and breaking into Gringotts Bank, Harry returns to Hogwarts with the help of Dumbledore’s brother Alberforth after learning the last Horcrux is hidden somewhere in the castle.\nAfter fighting off Slytherin members, Harry finds the last horcrux, but it’s destroyed inadvertently when a spell misfires. He looks for Lord Voldemort to fight and lets Voldemort kill him. In a “dream sequence,” Harry sees Dumbledore and wonders whether he is really dead. Dumbledore explains that he is not really dead and he needs to continue fighting against Lord Voldemort. Returning from the dream, Harry pretends he is dead, and as Lord Voldemort is ready to declare his victory, the fighting in the castle ensues.\nTying together the previous six books, J.K Rowling lets Harry and Lord Voldemort fight until the end.\nThe book then flashes forward years in the future, where we finally see the conclusion of Harry Potter.\nWhen I read the last page of the book, I slowly shut the cover and gave a big smile to my bedroom wall. The last installment of J.K. Rowling’s portrayal of the boy who lived was not only, to me, an incredible way to end the series but the best way to end the last 10 years of my life. The book was enthralling, and it flowed almost effortlessly from the beginning to the end.